Manufacturing companies must constantly innovate to stay ahead of the competition and gain competitive advantages. To achieve this, manufacturers rely on technology for inventory management, resource allocation, production design, production planning, process optimization and more, using a mix of discrete, process and lean manufacturing methods managed through different systems. In addition, there is a growing demand for green manufacturing, contract manufacturing and global workforce management.
The battle is either on two fronts. Manufacturers must keep one eye on the production process, supply chain, inventory and personnel; and another on the market to watch for industry trends and changing needs of complaints. And this all while complying with local and regional laws and environmental regulations.
To address these challenges, manufacturing companies need real-time access to role-specific information, along with the tools to help teams perform their tasks, whether in the office or on the shop floor, from anywhere in the world. An ERP solution can help with this and provide capabilities to support different production models and schedule resources for tasks and activities across multiple locations.
Nobody knows production like NORRIQ
Manufacturers are expected to produce the right products, in the right quantities, at the right time, with good quality and at a price that customers are willing to pay. To meet these challenging expectations, you need the ability to make fast decisions based on accurate data, real-time visibility into your global operations, and seamless integration between your people, processes and technology.
We work with medium to large manufacturing companies facing operational challenges such as:
- Stock issues – too much, too little, wrong type
- Lack of supply chain visibility or internal business processes
- Duplicate data issues and siloed information
- Strict compliance requirements
- Spending too much time/money on system maintenance and adjustments
Our knowledge is deeply rooted in production. We understand the culture and problems of the manufacturing industry at a deep level and specialize in optimizing high-compliance, high-variation production environments through Microsoft Dynamics 365.
How Microsoft Dynamics 365 helps
Microsoft Dynamics 365 offers a Cloud-based solution that gives you a clear view of your entire organization along with real-time data and insights about your operations and finances. The solution has capabilities to help you manage your workforce, track suppliers, improve your supply chain, monitor inventory, and much more. Implementing Microsoft Dynamics 365 for your manufacturing company also brings the following benefits:
- Get a 360-degree view of your customers, suppliers, and other stakeholders to make informed decisions.
- Manage your inventory with real-time data accessible on the go.
- Streamline operations to reduce costs and increase ROI
- Empower your workforce to work more efficiently by identifying the skills gap
- Help sales team prioritize leads based on predictive analytics
- Meet legal and environmental requirements in different regions
Manufacturing features in Dynamics 365 Business Central
Growing companies can streamline their production processes by taking advantage of a simplified production foundation, with rapid visibility into work-in-progress (WIP), support for order-by-order workflow, and the ability to implement additional functionality as business needs become more complex turn into.
- Production management – Create and manage production orders.
Bills of materials – Prepare bills of materials and calculate standard costs.
- Supply planning – Automated production orders and purchase orders.
- Graphical planning – Plan and display your production planning.
- Exception Handling – Create exceptions and last-minute changes to meet customer needs.
- Capacity Needs Planning – Accommodate shop floor workload changes by reallocating resources and machines.
- Warehouse and Inventory Management – Increase the visibility of accurate inventory data across your business.
- Automated Data Collection System – Improve your warehouse efficiency by collecting and using accurate inventory data.
- Order Promise – Promise orders more accurately with available-to-promise (ATP) and capable-to-promise (CTP) insights.
- Machine centre allocation – Manage item-based demand forecasting. The input of demand (sales) forecasts for products and components daily, monthly, or quarterly.
- Cost Budgeting – Understand item costs throughout the manufacturing process, including inventory, WIP, and cost of goods sold (COGS).
- Demand Forecasting – Manage item-based demand forecasting. The input of demand (sales) forecasts for products and components daily, monthly, or quarterly.
Related resources for Manufacturing industry
Would you like to know more about your possibilities with NORRIQ
We are always ready for an informal conversation.